As the umbrella organisation for contractors in the private dredging industry, IADC also advocates for sustainability.
To safeguard employees of member companies and involved parties, IADC has established a Sustainability Committee that enables its members to share best practices amongst its members. The members embrace their leading role in improving sustainability within the industry. When it comes to sustainability, the members consider themselves partners not competitors.
The Sustainability Committee focuses on 6 out of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and the book Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure as the starting point for its work. These 6 goals are:
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation;
- Goal Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development; and
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for sustainable development.
- Jan Fordeyn
- Isabelle Herteleer
- Marc Huygens
- Sven Kramer
- Jaap van Thiel de Vries
- Jiska Verhulst