The latest IADC-CEDA Fact Sheet "Beneficial Use of Dredged Material" is now available in the IADC Knowledge Centre.
Dredging is essential for the maintenance and development of waterways and ports, as well as navigation, land reclamation, environmental and ecosystem improvement, drainage and flood management. Dredging removes large volumes of sediments that need to be appropriately managed and beneficial use is the preferred way to manage dredged material. It concerns the use of dredged or natural sediment in applications that are beneficial and in harmony with human and natural development
This Fact Sheet: Beneficial Use of Dredged Material answers essential questions such as:
- What is Beneficial Use of Dredged Material?
- Why is Beneficial Use of Dredged Material necessary?
- Why is Beneficial Use not yet a common practice?
- How can Beneficial Use be implemented in a dredging project?
- What types of Beneficial Use are available?
- Is the future of using Dredged Material beneficially?
In the IADC Knowledge Centre, you will find a wealth of information on various dredging related topics in 32 Facts About that can be freely downloaded and shared.