To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. IADC’s five-day seminar strives to provide an understanding of the basics of dredging through lectures and workshops which are given by industry experts in a classroom setting for a hands-on experience.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, events can be postponed or cancelled. IADC has been following the Singapore authorities’ advisory measures with regard to limiting the spread of the virus and is keeping a close eye on the situation. That is why we postpone this Seminar from March 2021 till 4 - 8 October 2021. We advise checking this website regularly to see the COVID-19 travelling regulations for every country.
Since 1993, IADC has provided a five-day-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained through the seminar’s programme. Often realised in co-operation with local technical universities, the course has been successfully presented worldwide.
The topics addressed by the seminar make it ideal for attendees meeting the following conditions:
- (Starting) Employees of Dredging contractors,
- Environmental consultants,
- (Future) Decision makers and their advisors in governments,
- Port and Harbour authorities,
- Off-shore companies and
- Other organisations that have to execute dredging projects.
All presentations and workshops are given by lectures who are experts in the field of dredging:
- Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. - Pieter den Ridder
- Jan De Nul NV - Maarten Dewint
- DEME N.V. - Luk Verstraelen or Paul Vercruijsse
- Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors bv - Robert Dijkema or Marcel van den Heuvel
Spanning five days, the programme addresses the following specified topics during lectures and workshops:
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
The seminar includes a site visit .
IADC’S SEMINAR REVIEWED
Lisa Maher – editor of the magazine Dredging Ports & Construction – reports on why companies should consider the IADC Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation for their employees.
Click here to watch a photo impression of an earlier Dredging Seminar:
COURSE MATERIAL EXAMPLE
Click here for the chapter on 'Equipment':
PROCEEDINGS AND CERTIFICATE
Each participant receives a set of comprehensive proceedings with an extensive reference list of relevant literature and, at the end of the week, a Certificate of Achievement in recognition of the completion of the coursework. Please note that full attendance is required for obtaining the Certificate of Achievement.
When you must cancel your secured place in the seminar after payment has been made, then the following cancellation policy always applies:
- If you cancel your place 45 days (or more) prior to the seminar’s start date, then a 90% refund of the registration fee (which excludes a 10% administration fee) will be returned.
If you cancel your place closer to the seminar’s start date, then the following fees apply:
- When a cancellation is made 30-45 days prior to the seminar’s start date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 8-29 days prior to the seminar’s start date, a 40% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 7 days (or less) prior to the seminar’s start date, no refund of the registration fee will be returned.