2nd Online Course Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure planned for March 2021
Following on from the success of the 1st online course Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure held in December 2020, CEDA and IADC have decided to schedule a second course in March 2021. In this course participants learn how to achieve dredging projects that fulfil primary functional requirements while adding value to the natural and socio-economic systems by acquiring an understanding of these systems in the context of dredging as well as stakeholder engagement throughout a project’s development.
Are you a professional involved in dredging related activities for water infrastructure development and working in government, port authorities, consultancy firms, dredging companies, NGOs, suppliers or ship-builders? Is your ambition to achieve sustainable and resilient water infrastructure or dredging projects that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals? If the answer to either of these questions is “yes” then do not miss the opportunity to join this course. Whether you are an ecologist, engineer, scientist, regulator or financier, valuable knowledge that can be put into practice right away awaits every participant.
During the course, you will learn how to implement the sustainability principles into dredging project practice, through answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive towards more sustainable development?
- How can water infrastructure be designed and implemented in a more sustainable and resilient way while aligning with the natural and socio-economic systems?
- How can the potential positive effects of infrastructure development be assessed and stimulated as well as compared with potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options are available today?
- A brief introduction to the question “What knowledge and tools are available to make sound choices and control the project?”
The lecturers of the course are Erik van Eekelen (Van Oord), Mark Lee (HR Wallingford) and Thomas Vijverberg (Boskalis). These experienced lecturers will inform you about the latest thinking and approaches, explain methodologies and techniques as well as demonstrate – through numerous practical examples – how to implement this information in practice by engaging workshops and case studies.
The course is based on the CEDA-IADC guidebook Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure which was published in 2018. The publication contains a wealth of up-to-date knowledge pooled by an international team of scientists and practicing industry experts, and guided by an Editorial Board comprising members of CEDA and IADC.
The course reviewed
Curious about the experiences of a participant in the first course? Mark Winkelman wrote a book and course review.
Proceedings and Certificate
Each participant receives a set of comprehensive proceedings and at the end of the course, a Certificate of Achievement in recognition of the completion of the coursework.
The course will be given in 4 half-day online sessions:
- Thursday 11 March 9 am – 1 pm CET
- Friday 12 March 9 am – 1 pm CET
- Thursday 25 March 9 am – 1 pm CET
- Friday 26 March 9 am – 1 pm CET
The Registration fee is € 500.00 per person (excl. VAT). This tuition includes access to all course proceedings, workshops, AND a copy of the book Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure . There is a special rate of € 425.00 (excl. VAT) for CEDA Members and employees of IADC’s member companies.
Payment Cancellation Policy
If you must cancel your secured place in the course after payment has been made, then the following cancellation policy always applies:
If you cancel your place 45 days (or more) prior to the course’s start date, then a 90% refund of the registration fee (which excludes a 10% administration fee) will be returned.
If you cancel your place closer to the course’s start date, then the following fees apply:
- When a cancellation is made 30-45 days prior to the course’s start date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 8-29 days prior to the course’s start date, a 40% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 7 days (or less) prior to the course’s start date, no refund of the registration fee will be returned.