Following on from the success of the online courses Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure, IADC and CEDA organise another 4 half-day edition on 8, 9, 15 & 16 December 2022.
Experienced lecturers will describe the latest thinking and approaches, explain methodologies and techniques as well as demonstrate – through numerous practical examples – how to implement the information in practice by engaging workshops and case studies.
In the course participants learn how to achieve dredging projects that fulfil primary functional requirements while adding value to the natural and socio-economic systems by acquiring an understanding of these systems in the context of dredging as well as stakeholder engagement throughout a project’s development.
Are you a professional involved in dredging related activities for water infrastructure development and working in government, port authorities, consultancy firms, dredging companies, NGOs, suppliers or ship-builders? Is your ambition to achieve sustainable and resilient water infrastructure or dredging projects that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals? If the answer to either of these questions is “yes” then do not miss the opportunity to join this course. Whether you are an ecologist, engineer, scientist, regulator or financier, valuable knowledge that can be put into practice right away awaits every participant.
During the course, you will learn how to implement the sustainability principles into dredging project practice, through answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive towards more sustainable development?
- How can water infrastructure be designed and implemented in a more sustainable and resilient way while aligning with the natural and socio-economic systems?
- How can the potential positive effects of infrastructure development be assessed and stimulated as well as compared with potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options are available today?
- A brief introduction to the question “What knowledge and tools are available to make sound choices and control the project?”
Experienced lecturers will describe the latest thinking and approaches, explain methodologies and techniques as well as demonstrate – through numerous practical examples – how to implement this information in practice by engaging workshops and case studies.
A team of experts is available for the online and live courses. Based on their availability, we put together the lecturers team for each course. The following experts are part of the team:
- Erik van Eekelen (Van Oord),
- Pieter de Boer (Rijkswaterstaat/CEDA)
- Marc Huygens (DEME Group),
- Mark Lee (HR Wallingford)
- Frederik Roose (Flemish Government)
- Sina Saremi (DHI Denmark)
- Thomas Vijverberg (Boskalis)
The course is based on the CEDA-IADC guidebook Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure which was published in 2018. The publication contains a wealth of up-to-date knowledge pooled by an international team of scientists and practicing industry experts, and guided by an Editorial Board comprising members of CEDA and IADC.
The course reviewed
Curious about the experiences of a participant in the first course? Mark Winkelman wrote a book and course review.
Proceedings and Certificate
Each participant receives a set of comprehensive proceedings and at the end of the course, a Certificate of Achievement in recognition of the completion of the coursework.
The Registration fee is € 500 per person (excl. VAT). For this specific course, there is a special rate of € 425 per person (excl. VAT) for CEDA Members and employees of IADC member companies. For IAPH and PIANC members the fee is € 450 per person (excl. VAT). The fee includes access to all course proceedings, workshops and a hard copy or e-book of Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure. When you register we ask you to make a choice. Please note the following conditions on the shipping costs:
- Participants from the Benelux get the choice of hard copy or e-book. No surcharge for shipping costs.
- Participants from the EU: e-book is included in the fee, if a hard copy is selected, an amount of € 15 will be added to the invoice for shipping costs.
- Non EU Europe: e-book is included in the fee, if a hard copy is selected, an amount of € 30 will be added to the invoice for shipping costs.
- Rest of the World: e-book is included in the fee, if a hard copy, is chosen, an amount of € 80 euro will be added to the invoice for shipping costs.
Special Students Conditions
Students pay a special rate of € 100 (excl. VAT). Only an e-book is included in the fee. If a hard copy is chosen, students can purchase the book at cost price plus the shipping costs. To be eligible for this special student rate, it is necessary to submit proof of enrolment at a university or college.
Payment Cancellation Policy
If you must cancel your secured place in the course after payment has been made, then the following cancellation policy always applies:
If you cancel your place 45 days (or more) prior to the course’s start date, then a 90% refund of the registration fee (which excludes a 10% administration fee) will be returned.
If you cancel your place closer to the course’s start date, then the following fees apply:
- When a cancellation is made 30-45 days prior to the course’s start date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 8-29 days prior to the course’s start date, a 40% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 7 days (or less) prior to the course’s start date, no refund of the registration fee will be returned.