The updated Facts About “Dredging Plant and Equipment” is now available. It describes the specialised equipment that has been developed to perform various and specific dredging operations.
Port development, urban expansion, beach replenishment, coastal protection, flood protection, energy exploration and production, mining and environmental remediation and improvement – each of these activities involves dredging. And each of these dredging projects requires particular dredging plant and equipment based on the site-specific conditions of the project.
The Facts About “Dredging Plant and Equipment” answers essential questions such as:
- How did dredging start?
- Why is Dredging Equipment so specialised?
- What are some types of dedicated Dredging Equipment?
- What are the most common types of dredgers used today?
- What are Hydraulic/Mechanical Dredgers?
- What are Hydraulic Dredgers?
- What are Mechanical Dredgers?
- What are the main characteristics of Grab Dredger?
- What are the features of the Backhoe or Hydraulic Excavator?
- What are some other types of Mechanical Dredging Equipment?
- What is a Hydrodynamic Dredger?
- What are Environmental Dredgers?
- What other types of Dredging Equipment are in use?
- How do you match the proper dredging equipment to the job?
In the IADC Knowledge Centre, you will find a wealth of information on various dredging related topics in 32 Facts About that can be freely downloaded and shared.