26/11/2019 - 28/11/2019 - Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, off-shore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organises the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. The IADC Seminar will be held from Tuesday 26 November through Thursday 28 November 2019 at Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC in Mumbai, India.
Since 1993 IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a Seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. These intensive courses have been successfully presented in The Netherlands, Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil. As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the Seminar programme is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained.
The Seminars reflect IADC’s commitment to education, to encouraging young people to enter the field of dredging, and to improving knowledge about dredging throughout the world.
The Seminar in Brief
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. This three-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum, risk-sharing agreements and early contractor involvement.
Example of the course material (PDF)
Click here for the chapter on 'Equipment'.
IADC’s seminar reviewed
IHS DPC’s Lisa Maher reports on the IADC seminar on dredging and reclamation – and why companies should consider it for their employees. Click here to download the article.
Mrs. Ria van Leeuwen-Lagerweij
Senior PR & Communications Officer
P + 31 (0)70 352 33 34>
Proceedings and Certificate
Each participant receives a set of comprehensive proceedings with an extensive reference list of relevant literature and, at the end of the week, a Certificate of Achievement in recognition of the completion of the coursework. Please note that full attendance is required for obtaining the Certificate of Achievement.
Date and time
The Seminar starts Tuesday 26 November at 8:45 hrs and ends Thursday 28 November 2019 at 17:30 hrs.
The special fee for this 3-day seminar is € 1,200.--. This includes all tuition, seminar proceedings, workshops and a special participants’ dinner.
Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC.
When you must cancel your secured place in the seminar after payment has been made, then the following cancellation policy always applies:
If you cancel your place 45 days (or more) prior to the seminar’s start date, then a 90% refund of the registration fee (which excludes a 10% administration fee) will be returned.
If you cancel your place closer to the seminar’s start date, then the following fees apply:
- When a cancellation is made 30-45 days prior to the seminar’s start date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 8-29 days prior to the seminar’s start date, a 40% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 7 days (or less) prior to the seminar’s start date, no refund of the registration fee will be returned.